Dear EDF Member,
The organizing committee is very pleased that more than 100 EDF members followed the slimmer but excellent virtual EDF Annual Meeting 2022 including the key lectures and General Assembly on Friday, January 21st.
We would also like to thank our speakers for their scientifically very interesting talks:
- Welcome Address (Alexander Enk, Heidelberg, Germany, (EDF President)/Lasse. R. Braathen, Ittigen, Switzerland)
- Stem cells and non-melanoma skin cancer (Cédric Blanpain, Laboratory of Stem Cells and Cancer, Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium)
- The Illusion of Skin Color (Nina G. Jablonski, The Pennsylvania State University, USA)
- Clinical Challenges in Genodermatoses (Antonio Torrelo, Hospital Infantil del Niño Jesús, Madrid, Spain)
- Gene Editing and Therapy of Genodermatoses (Johann Bauer, University Hospital, Salzburg, Austria)
Although the virtual version did not entirely replace the foreseen live congress, we hope you enjoyed it anyhow and we are very pleased to announce today that the EDF Annual Meeting 2023 will take place next year in a physical or hybrid format, January 19th-21st in Montreux, Switzerland.
In addition and since the Commission Updates and the Industry Symposium could not take place this year, we provide updates on the EDF activities (EuroGuiDerm, ERASMUS, DOIT-Cyberderm and Geneskin) as well as additional information from some of the industry partners in the member’s area:
The organizing committee is looking forward to meeting you in person in January 2023 and kindly asks you to save the date in your agenda.
Stay safe and all the best wishes,
Prof. Nick Reynolds (President EDF)
Prof. Alexander Enk (Past President EDF)
Nadine-Estelle Kaltheuner, Executive Director, EDF Office
Christine Della Chiara, Congress Manager, conventionTEAM AG